- Submission Period: July 16, 2021 (8:00 am Eastern Time) – July 30, 2021 (5:00 pm Eastern Time) (“Submission Period”).
- Judging Period: August 2, 2021 (8:00 am Eastern Time) – August 13, 2021 (5:00 pm Eastern Time) (“Submission Period”).
- Winners Announced: On or around August 17, 2021 (12:00 pm Eastern Time).
Who Can Participate?
- Individual participants from all backgrounds, races, ethnicities, genders, and non-excluded geophraphies (see below) are welcome. There is an age restriction to participate in the hackathon. Participants must be 18 years or older
- The hackathon is limited to individual participants who are residents of non-U.S. embargoed countries and territories as designated by the U.S. Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”). The hackathon is void wherever it would be restricted by registration requirements or is otherwise prohibited by law.
- No purchase of any kind is necessary.
- Submission of an entry to the Hackathon constitutes an agreement with these Rules and Code of Conduct and represents a contract between the participant, the Hackathon sponsors and Devpost.
- The primary sponsor of Blinkathon is BlinkSky, Inc. located at 12600 Deerfield Pkwy Suite 100, Alpharetta, GA 30004.
- Additional sponsors may or may not be listed on Devpost and the Hackathon’s microsite (www.blinkathon.com).
- Each participant must register for the Hackathon at Devpost.
- Participants must be a part of a team and submit their project as a team. Team must have at least two participants and not more than eight.
- The Hackathon is not open to individuals who are residents of or domiciled in a country, state, province or territory where United States law or local law prohibits participating in or receiving a prize from the Hackathon. Excluded countries/locales include Brazil, Quebec, Cuba, Iran, North Korea, Syria and any other country designated by the United States Treasury’s Office of Foreign Assets Control (“OFAC”).
- Employees, representatives and family members of the sponsor companies are not allowed to participate in the Hackathon.
How to Register
- Entrants will go to https://blinkathon.devpost.com and complete registration for the Hackathon by clicking on the “Join Hackathon” button. Note, entrants will need to either have a Devpost account or will need to create one.
- Hackathon participants must participate in a team. Teams must consist of at least two team members to a maximum of eight members.
- Changes to team members are not permitted after Saturday, July 17, 2021, at 12:00 Noon. Exceptions can be made on a case-by-case basis as decided by the rules committee.
Photo Release Waiver
By attending Blinkathon, you hereby grant Blinkathon and its affiliates permission to use your likeness in a photograph, video, or other digital media (“photo”) in any and all of its publications, including web-based and social media publications, without payment or other consideration. You understand and agree that all photos will become the property of Blinkathon or its affiliates and will not be returned.
You irrevocably authorize Blinkathon and its affiliates to edit, alter, copy, exhibit, publish, or distribute these photos for any lawful purpose. In addition, you waive any right to inspect or approve the finished product wherein my likeness appears. Additionally, you waive any right to royalties or other compensation arising or related to the use of the photo.
You hereby hold harmless, release, and forever discharge Blinkathon and its affiliates from all claims, demands, and causes of action which you, your heirs, representatives, executors, administrators, or any other persons acting on your behalf or on behalf of your estate have or may have by reason of this authorization.
BlinkSky, Inc. 2021. All rights reserved.